Porto Climate & Temperature
- Porto , Portugal is at 41°7'N, 8°36'W, 100 m (328 ft). See map.
- Porto has a warm mediterranean/ dry-summer subtropical climate that is mild with dry, warm summers and moderate seasonality. Regions with this subtype of the Mediterranean climate closely resemble an oceanic climate with generally cloudier and damper conditions than typical Mediterranean climates tho they are still susceptible to fire in the warm dry summer months. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csb)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Porto is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 14.5 degrees Celsius (58.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10.6 °C (19.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 13.9°C (57°F) on average falling to 5.6°C (42.1°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 17.8°C (64°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 8.6°C (47.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 24.1°C (75.4°F) and average low temperatures are 14.4°C (57.9°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 20.5°C (69°F) during the day and lows of 11.1°C (51.9°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1267 mm (49.9 inches) which is equivalent to 1267 Litres/m² (31.08 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2667 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Porto you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Karamea, New Zealand (Cool temperate steppe biome).
Porto Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Porto Climate Graph in Metric Units
Porto Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Porto , Portugal Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Gijon, Spain - 362.8 kms (225.4 miles) NE
- La Coruna, Spain - 248.8 kms (154.6 miles) N
- Oviedo, Spain - 333.6 kms (207.3 miles) NE
- Oviedo, Dominican Republic - 334.1 kms (207.6 miles) NE
- Melgaço, Viana Do Castelo, Portugal - 112.8 kms (70.1 miles) NNE
- Braganca, Portugal - 172.3 kms (107.1 miles) ENE
- Valladolid, Spain - 324.9 kms (201.9 miles) ENE
- Salamanca/ Matacan, Spain - 260.8 kms (162.1 miles) E
- Penhas Douradas, Portugal - 119 kms (74 miles) SE
- Madrid (B), Spain - 422.1 kms (262.3 miles) E
- Coimbra, Portugal - 105.1 kms (65.3 miles) S
- Caceres, Spain - 266.2 kms (165.4 miles) SE
- Portalegre, Portugal - 228.9 kms (142.3 miles) SSE
- Badajoz, Spain - 292.1 kms (181.5 miles) SSE
- Evora, Portugal - 291.6 kms (181.2 miles) SSE
- Beja, Portugal - 352.2 kms (218.9 miles) S